About the Role
Miro is obsessed with creating user-centric experiences to shape the way teams collaborate around the world. As a Lead UX Research role you will not only conduct best-in-class, multi-method research, but also you’ll develop deep research-driven product expertise with the big responsibility of shaping the core User Experience of Miro platform.
Your first 3-6 months will involve working with the Core Experience team to plan and execute a research program to evaluate the current user experience with a deep focus on the user-interface (UI). This research program will uncover pain points and identify opportunities to adapt the UI to different use-cases, user-types and jobs to be done. You will then define principles and guidelines to shape the Product Strategy that will help the Product team prioritize and shape the various opportunities based on your user insights and ultimately lead the prototype testing and solutions implementation to successfully adapt the UI to the most relevant use-cases and users.
The leadership aspect of the role requires perfect project management skills, as well as stakeholders management to drive the research process end-to-end with high predictability.
You will also mentor and support stakeholders conducting user research like Designers, Product Managers and Product Marketing Managers, improve the research practice within the organization and track its impact.
About the Team
We are a distributed team, working with cross-functional stakeholders in various hubs. As the second researcher in the team, you will enjoy the ownership, autonomy and impact of a fast-paced environment like Miro. You are expected to come up with proactive initiatives to spread the user research process and mindset across the organization.
What you’ll do
- Inform and participate in product decisions from definition to launch (and after), working at both a strategic and tactical level
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful
- Autonomously lead end-to-end research studies to inform the Core Experience Strategy and evaluate the user experience of existing or potential new product features
- Proactively contribute ideas to improve UX Research team culture and initiatives
- Expand existing research processes and provide methodology support to product and design teams
- Maintain an overall company knowledge repository about user insights and proactively communicate it company-wide
- Drive the process of turning insights into actions
- Track impact and optimize efforts for speed and quality of insights
- Collaborate with Sales, Success and Marketing teams to exchange insights about customers and market needs
What you’ll need
- 5+ years leading Qualitative UX Research projects in Product-led organizations with demonstrated impact
- You are based anywhere in the timezones between Perm, Russia (GMT+5) and Amsterdam, Central European Time (CET)
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, remote testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, ethnographic research, longitudinal research (e.g. diary studies), benchmarking, survey design and usage of multiple methods within a study
- Able to work with Product Analyst to generate hybrid (qual+quant) insights
- Expertise in measuring usability of User-interface, Human-Computer Interaction,
- Excellent English communication & persuasion skills
- Stakeholder management, leadership to guide & mentor cross-functional teams about user research
- Empathy and ability to adapt to changing context and research requests
Nice to have:
- Experience doing research with low-tech savvy users
- B2B SaaS experience (especially collaboration space) is a plus
What’s in it for you
- This is a unique opportunity to evangelize the UX Research mindset and user’s needs into a product used by 7M people and growing
- 6 months contract with opportunity to become full-time employee
- Working from anywhere in the timezones between Perm, Russia (GMT+5) and Amsterdam, Central European Time (CET)
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high.
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team.
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 5 million users and 20,000 paying customers, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!