Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in European timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for a passionate and motivated Product UX Researcher able to oversee the voice of the user in our Product and Engineering organization. Reporting to our Director of Product Design, you’ll guide discovery and exploratory projects within multiple squads, while educating and coaching members in ethnography and interviewing.
Hotjar is a flourishing startup that gives thousands of website owners, teams and professionals the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their sites. This is an excellent remote career opportunity within the P&E organization, playing a part in delivering the next wins for Hotjar.
- Plan and execute participant recruiting for multiple squads and teams, and own our user advisory panel.
- Design and execute discovery phases, usability tests and exploratory research projects using both quantitative and qualitative practices, and convert the findings into actionable insights.
- Work on research deliverables that can be shared across the organization: user personas, empathy maps, customer mapping, allowing our team to build a product strategy that is aligned with the voice of our user.
- Partner with product and engineering leads and directors to ensure both strategic and tactical priorities are well-defined and are set up to achieve a high impact, always obsessing over our users.
- Own the voice of the user to help the team achieve the right solution, at the right time.
- Educate the team towards success. Ensure individuals have research support to progress and complete their objectives.
- Collaborate closely with Experience Design leadership to provide a consistent experience in all our Hotjar touch-points.
- Experience working autonomously and transversally across teams. Experienced and well versed in both execution and coordination of research projects.
- You approach product/UX research with user-centric practices.
- You have experience coaching and educating teams about the benefits of introducing user-centric practices and frameworks.
- Mastery in product development discovery phases.
- You have a demonstrated ability to promote insights across groups, multiple squads, and tribes.
- Experience acting as a UX researcher from an experience design operations department, satisfying squads, and team’s user needs.
- A natural inclination to always think MVP first.
- Experience leading user testing sessions, ethnographic interviews, and complex data analysis.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, in line with Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
What we offer
- Work from home or from virtually wherever you want in the EMEA.
- A healthy work-life balance, with 40 days of paid leave (including public holidays)
- Annual Personal Development Budget of €1,000, Annual Holiday Budget of €2,000, Wellbeing Allowance of €200 per month
- And even more perks designed for your wellbeing and a healthy work-life balance. (Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid Parental Leave, Working Space Allowance, Sick Leave and much more)
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €55,000 to €75,000 annually (we do not have a commission or bonus scheme at Hotjar). Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, the UK and Germany. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.