Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 750 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a talented User Researcher to join our Product Design Team in Berlin!
As a UX Researcher at Babbel you will drive research on our products across many teams who rely on qualitative and quantitative data to generate insights on language learners’ behaviours and needs. You will work with a team of fellow UX Researchers and Product Designers to be the advocate for language learners.
You will be:
- Identifying ways to optimize our learners’ end-to-end experiences with our product, delivering learner insights that will inform product innovation
- Influencing product decisions across all phases of the product development lifecycle from Discovery to Delivery
- Defining research needs jointly with Product and Engineering teams, planning and executing research studies end-to-end
- Answering the right questions with the right methodologies and mentoring teams across the organization how UX Research can best be utilized
- Owning insights that push our products forward, always looking back to the problem we want to solve and making sure we are on the right track from the learner’s perspective
- Collaborating with qualitative and quantitative researchers to enrich each others work
- Working collaboratively with engineering teams to support technical resources to execute research
- Passionate about translating findings into strategic business recommendations
- Pragmatic and able to design research in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Strong communicator with a track record of successful collaborations with colleagues
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Years of experience in applied research within digital consumer businesses
- Ability to define key research questions and objectives, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Knowledge and experience with industry standard research tools
- Knowledge of quantitative methodologies, and UX design principles
- Excellent English speaking and writing ability
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, unlimited access to Babbel account, high-end company bike, fresh fruit and drinks)
- Opportunity for personal growth and development: we are a learning company and take learning seriously
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international team from over 50 different nationalities
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
We look forward to hearing from you!