WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are hiring an UX Researcher to join WarnerMedia’s Data, Technology, Operations & Innovation (DTOI) team. WarnerMedia operates some of the best-known entertainment brands in the world, including Warner Bros., HBO, CNN and Cartoon Network, whilst also focusing on digital-only brands.
The UX Researcher will be joining Product Insight team, working on HBO Max international launch, optimisation and growth.
In this role you will be responsible for the UX research of HBO Max international and work in a delivery focused, agile environment, building a deep understanding of users and their needs in an international capacity, and support the business with data and insight, aiding commercially viable decisions with a consumer centric approach. You will work closely with product managers, user experience, designers and engineers to provide insights that will guide their decisions in design, feature development, and product prioritization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support end-to-end UX Research – from foundational research to inform product direction, all the way to concept and usability testing.
- Carry out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating regular UX sessions to feed into each sprint release
- Manage remote UX platform, creating online UX tests and delivering insights from the studies
- Format findings in impactful UX Deliverables including User Personas, Mental Model Maps, Journey Maps, User-flows, etc.
- Lead in-house research and utilize a broad range of research methods including but not limited to Concept tests, Usability tests, Appreciation test, Focus Groups, Surveys, Competitor Benchmarks, UX Expert Reviews.
- Generate actionable insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate product experiences
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, content strategy, BI and marketing to identify research initiatives
- Support the team with ad-hoc analyses and requests
- Conduct desk research to analyse brand performance and market trends
- Assist with day-to-day ad-hoc and administrative tasks as required
You will need:
- Previous end-to-end experience with all aspects of UX research (study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- To be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong analytical, statistical, and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights
- A basic understanding of quantitative, behavioural analysis and statistical concepts
- A degree in psychology, cognitive science, human factors, computer science, product/interaction design, human computer interaction, or related subject areas.
- Previous experience running and managing Usertesting and UserZoom tests
This role comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical, generous pension contribution and company bonus. You’ll have 23 days holiday and we’ll also give you 40 hours per year for you to use for volunteering or charitable work.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need.
To find out more about WarnerMedia take a look here.